New Delhi: The final decision to ban Bollywood star and Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan from entering Wankhede cricket stadium will be taken only after getting the version of all those involved,said today.
“So far, no decision has been taken on the ban,” said Shukla, who is also vice president of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), told reporters. He further added, “He would be talking to the Mumbai Cricketers Association (MCA) and would also take Shah Rukh’s version before giving a reaction.”
“The decision of a ban is always taken by the working committee, so I will speak to MCA president Vilasrao Deshmukh on this. I have to take the version of all the parties involved and then speak,” said Shukla.
MCA officials have registered a police complaint in Mumbai’s Marine Drive police station for Shah Rukh Khan’s alleged misbehaviour Wednesday night at the stadium. He is alleged to have misbehaved with a security guard and pushed him. When MCA officials tried to intervene, he is said to have abused them.
Commenting on the issue
“First of all, it is very hard to believe that Shah Rukh Khan can go there (Wankhede stadium) in a drunken state. I feel sorry for the cricket loving country that these kinds of things are happening in IPL. It is disgraceful and unfortunate.” said Kirti Azad ,Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP and former cricketer
“He pushed the security guard and misbehaved with him. He also used bad language with security officials at the stadium. When we tried to intervene, he yelled out expletives at us,” MCA Treasurer Ravi Sawant told reporters today morning.